EdFuel is committed to amplifying the voices of individuals and organizations teaching and living anti-racist practices.
We are fighting for change and encourage every member of the broader EdFuel community to do the same. Below are some resources that you may find useful as you consider how to join the movement. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list and we hope you will share the resources, research, organizations and reading you are referencing.
Race and Equity Training Practitioners
Far too often Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are reduced to three letters: DEI. We believe it is critical to highlight the nuance of each term and the need for differentiated learning, practice, and policies in order to uphold each of these individually essential values.
Across the country, countless thought-leaders, activists, and organizations are working hard to foster change for the communities that they call home. Below is a list of practitioners who are available to consult on a variety of programs related to race and equity. We encourage you to reach out to them should you need support on how to ensure your organization is diverse, equitable, and inclusive for all.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but rather a starting point. If you are a practitioner and are interested in being included in the list, please fill out this form.
Is there anti-racist research, reading, or an organization that you want to amplify?
Learning Resources for White Co-Conspirators
The resources listed below have been sourced directly from individuals on the EdFuel team and members of the broader EdFuel community. We are all seeking opportunities to learn from and share with members of our personal and professional communities. Please let us know what you think of the ones listed and share any resources that you would suggest we add by filling out this form.
What We're Reading
- Choosing a School for my Daughter in a Segregated City, by Nikole Hannah-Jones
- Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosk
- White Supremacy Culture, by Tema Okun
- The Seven Dimensions of Culture: Understanding and Managing Cultural Differences, from mindtools.com, by Trompenaars and Hampden-Turner
- Mental Health Issues Facing the Black Community
- Women of color in the workplace: The persistent obstacles and how you can rise to meet them, from Fingerprint for Success
- The Birth of a White Nation: The Invention of White People and Its Relevance Today, by Jacqueline Battalora
- White Fragility, Why it's so Hard for White People to Talk About Racism, by Robin DiAngelo PhD
- Inclusion Dividend, Why Investing in Diversity & Inclusion Pays Off, by Mark Kaplan and Mason Donovan
- Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People, by Mahzarin Banaji and Anthony Greenwald
- We Want to do More Than Survive, by Bettina Love
- Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools by Monique M. Morris
- Just Mercy, A Story of Justice and Redemption, by Bryan Stevenson
- Courageous Conversations About Race, A Field Guide for Achieving Equity in Schools by Glenn E. Singleton
- Inclusion Paradox by Andres T. Tapia
- Why are all the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria, by Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum
- White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son by Tim Wise
What We're Listening To
What We're Doing
- Subscribe to Anti-Racism Daily from Nicole Cardoza
- 10 Steps To Non-Optical Allyship from Mireille Cassandra Harper
- Support Black Businesses
- Beyonce's Black Parade List
- Take the Harvard Implicit Bias Test
- Utilizing vendors from the Global Majority Education Consultants and Vendors List put together by EdPlus Consulting
- 135 Racial Equity Resources For Education, Professional & Community Development, Health, And Civil Rights