Virtual Teacher Job Fairs
A Pressing Problem
Even before COVID-19, teacher recruitment has been a daunting challenge for both schools seeking to hire diverse, high-quality teacher talent and for teachers looking to find the right position. In the current climate, schools are now needing to make all recruitment efforts virtual and have communicated high levels of concern about their ability to source candidates.
In addition, the current workforce challenges posed by COVID-19 also require immediate efforts to provide job opportunities to individuals who have been laid off by employers in light of the global pandemic. Given that most schools are in the middle of hiring season for the 20-21 school year, there is currently an opportunity to connect job seekers with potential employers.
Solving the Recruitment Challenge Virtually
EdFuel facilitates Virtual Teacher Job Fairs around the country. These fairs provide an opportunity for schools to meet with potential teachers and an opportunity for teachers to learn more about various schools in one setting, all while adhering to required social distancing measures.
Virtual Teacher Job Fairs:
- Provide schools and/or districts with virtual booths to connect live (via chat and/or video) with potential candidates;
- Can include resources on certification and degree programs (alternative certification programs and traditional degree-granting institutions);
- Provide school preparation supports, such as training on how to access the platform for recruiters and how to engage virtually with candidates;
- Provide candidate preparation supports, such as resume reviews and training on how to engage virtually with employers; and
- Are free for all teachers and prospective teachers to attend.